Got Apples? This Stovetop Cinnamon Apple Recipe is super easy to make (not including the apple peeling ) and is probably one of the yummiest non-chocolate desserts out there. The cinnamon apples taste like buttery warm apple pie filling and if served with a couple of scoops of vanilla ice cream, you’ll be in cinnamon apple ice cream heaven, I promise!
- 48 oz of peeled and thickly sliced apples (9 to 12 med apples) (my grocery store had already peeled and sliced apples in a 32 oz container)
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 tsp apple pie spice
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup of salted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup of water
- In a medium bowl, combine the cinnamon, pie spice, brown sugar, and cornstarch until it’s all mixed in completely.
- Add apples to a large dutch oven or another large saucepan. Sprinkle sugar/spice mixture over the top of the apples. Pour the melted butter and water over the top of the mixture. Stir until everything is coated.
- Cooke apples about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally until apples are fork tender (not mushy) and the sauce has thickened. Start testing the apples with a fork around the 15-minute mark. Depending on the size of your apple slices and how soft you want them, your final cook time could vary between 15 and 30 minutes. Serve warm, topped with vanilla ice cream for the tastiest results!
Best apples to use: Jonagold, Honeycrisp, Granny Smith, Golden Delicious, Pink Lady or Braeburn
This recipe makes a good amount of sauce- perfect for drizzling over ice cream!