This Spicy White Bean Hummus is a fabulous power snack to help keep you full and focused throughout the day! It’s gluten free and can be served with your favorite veggies or a gluten free cracker.
Thank you to Van’s® Foods for sponsoring this post and making it possible for me to continue to share great recipes!
There’s a little meme that’s been floating around Facebook lately. (Of course, I just searched for it, but now I can’t find it, lol.), Basically, the meme is just a joke about how now that school is out; instead of mom’s complaining about having to pack school lunches, we now have to make lunches plus deal with at least 10 snack requests a day! Let me tell you, this is the truth! It can be so hard to come up with new healthy snacks that are easy to make and kids will eat.
So with kid snacking in mind, I’m kicking off a new summer recipe series, focused on healthy snack ideas for kids! The plan is to share a new kid-friendly snack idea every week throughout the summer. Ok, as I say that out loud, I realize I may be over-committing myself- I’ll try to share 6 to 8 new recipes! (Much better, lol.)
The first recipe in my Power Snack series is this Spicy White Bean Hummus. What I love about this recipe is how easy it is to make and the flavor/spiciness is completely customizable to your taste. The pretty yellow color is coming from the turmeric and sriracha- which gives the hummus great flavor but can be turned up or down depending on how much kick you like in your dip.
The Hummus is great with your favorite veggies, but if you prefer your dip with a crunchy chip or crackers, you definitely need to try Van’s® Simply Delicious Gluten Free Whole Grain Crackers. They’re free of artificial flavors, colors and hydrogenated oils and are the perfect crunchy treat to pair with your dip.
They are also great on their own for snacking! Or favorite with this dip is the Everything Cracker, but my kids also like to snack on the Say Cheese! and Fire Roasted Veggie Cracker right out of the box.
Spicy White Bean Hummus
- 2 12n to 14 oz cans white beans (drained, but reserve liquid)
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 1/8, cup plus a couple tbsp of the reserved liquid
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus more for garnish
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- Sriracha (To taste- start with 2 tsp and go up from there)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- optional for flavor pinch of turmeric and/or paprika
- Combine all ingredients above in food processor or blender and blend to desired consistency.
- If you need more liquid, add a bit more of the reserved bean liquid a tbsp at a time.
- Taste for spice level, add more sriracha as desired- but be careful… it can go from not spicy enough to too spicy very easily!
- Garnish with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of the paprika and turmeric for color!
Does your family like hummus? If so, what is your favorite food to serve it with?
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Van’s Foods. The opinions and text are all mine.