This easy and oh-so-yummy Key Lime Pie is the ultimate summer dessert! It’s a no bake key lime pie if you use a store-bought crust. (If you prefer a homemade crust, I’ve included a fabulous recipe made with vanilla wafer cookies!)
- +/- 40 vanilla wafer cookies
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 1 ½ tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 cup key lime juice (about a pound of key limes will give 1/2 to 3/4 cup of juice -room temp to release most juice)
- 1 package of cream cheese, softened
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- (optional) Up to 3 to 4 drops each yellow and green food coloring to achieve desired coloring
- 1 container whipped topping, divided
- Additional lime slices and cookie crumbs for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine cookies, sugar and butter in a food processor and process till everything is combined.
- Press cookie crumb mixture into 9 inch pie plate.
- Bake the crust for 9 minutes.
- Place on rack to cool.
- Zest limes to measure 3 tsp zest.
- Juice limes to equal ½ cup juice.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk together until combined. Stir in zest and juice.
- Add optional food coloring until the desired color is achieved.
- Gently fold in whipped topping.
- Pour mixture into crust and refrigerate at least an hour.
- Garnish pie with remaining whipped topping and lime slices.
- For an even easier pie and completely no bake pie – use a store bought graham cracker crust.
- Make sure your cream cheese has come to room temp before beating – otherwise you might have lumps in the cream cheese.
Keywords: pie, dessert, lime, no bake