Are you looking for a quick and healthy meal to help use up leftover items in your fridge? Here is a great recipe for a Ham, Cheese and Hash Brown Frittata Recipe using frozen hash browns.
The great thing about a frittata is that the basic recipe is very flexible. You can use just about anything you have in the fridge and it will taste delicious.
I mixed things up a little for the frittata pictured here. What I did to vary from the basic recipe was to tear up a leftover whole wheat hamburger bun into little pieces and spread at the bottom of the pan. I used turkey sausage crumbles and french fries instead of hash browns. (I almost always have the frozen “Potatoes O’Brien” on hand, these are the hash browns with peppers and onions, but not today) I also had some ricotta to use up, so I whipped it into the eggs. (That’s what the white stuff on top is – I guess I didn’t whip it good enough…)
Turned out beautifully… (even if the photos didn’t, lol!)
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 1/2 cups frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed. (I just heat them a little in the microwave)
- 1 cup of diced Ham
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, lightly grease a 9 x 9 or 7 X 11 baking dish with olive oil.
- Layer the hash browns, ham and cheese on the bottom of the pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs and milk together, adding a little salt and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture on top.
- Bake 35-45 minutes until frittata is puffy and golden brown.
6 eggs and 1 cup of milk is the basic requirement, everything else can be substituted/increased/decreased based on what you have in the fridge/freezer.
Keywords: eggs, breakfast, breakfast for dinner,