Mac and cheese cooked on a waffle iron! These Easy Mac and Cheese Waffles are crispy on the outside and cheesy on the inside! What’s not to love? (Thank you to Horizon for sponsoring this post!)
Easy Mac and Cheese Waffles
We have a tradition, every year as soon as the leaves begin to change color (usually mid- November) we get together with another family and take turns shooting each other’s holiday portraits. This works out so well- it’s just so helpful to have another person to ensure everyone is in the right spot and looks good.
Then we take our memory cards and can edit our shots how we like and have the full-size originals for ordering or just sharing on the web. Plus, my kids definitely better behaved during a photoshoot if someone else is taking the pictures. (The last shoot I did with a remote, my missy was doing this in several of the best shots, that little turkey!)
To help incentivize for good behavior for this year’s photo session, I promised the kids a super yummy dinner with their favorite Mac and cheese. (plus some Halloween candy for dessert too…)
It was totally the Mac and Cheese Waffles and NOT the candy that did it for us this year, I know it…
The kids love Horizon Mac and Cheese (I love that it’s made with organic pasta and cheese, plus it’s packed with extra protein!) To make the Mac and Cheese Waffles, all you need is a waffle iron, a bit more shredded cheese iron and the prepared mac and cheese.
Don’t they look good? Kids loved them!
These Easy Mac and Cheese Waffles are crispy on the outside and cheesy on the inside! (Mac and cheese cooked on a waffle iron! ) What’s not to love?
- 4 to 6 servings of your favorite prepared mac and cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded cheese
- spray oil
- Waffle iron
- Heat waffle iron on high setting.
- Spray iron with oil.
- Fill iron with mac and cheese, topping with additional shredded cheese.
4. Close iron and cook for about 5 minutes. (I did not force mine to close all the way.) You want the mac and cheese to be just to the point of being brown and crispy- but not over cooked, since the mac and cheese could dry out. (The extra cheese helps with this.)
5. After cooking allow waffle to cool just a bit and carefully loose the edges of the waffle. The waffle should pop right out!