Easy White Bean Chicken Chili Recipe can be on the table in 20 minutes. Made with chicken, white beans, corn and green chilies, and tastes like it simmered for hours!
- 2 cups tortilla chips
- cooking oil
- 2 to 3 cups of cooked diced chicken breasts
- 2 15 oz (ish) cans of white beans rinsed and drained
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 1 cup of frozen sweet corn (thawed)
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 4 oz can diced green chilies
- 1 cup of Monterrey jack cheese
- 1.5 tsp dried ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Over med heat, coat bottom of large soup pot, deep skillet or dutch oven with 1 tbs cooking oil. Add diced cooked chicken, and spices. Saute for a minute or so. (If using raw chicken, saute til chicken is browned.)
- Crush tortilla chips in a ziplock bag.
- Add beans, broth, water, green chiles, corn, cheese and crushed chips to the pot.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for at least 5 minutes (or a few minutes longer if you have the time.) Stir occasionally.
- Serve topped with extra crushed tortilla chips and cheese.