Love Cuban Sandwiches? Then you’ll love this Cuban French Bread Pizza Recipe! It’s loaded with ham, shredded pork and Swiss cheese; and adds an awesomely delicious twist to your favorite French bread pizza. This post brought to you by Sargento® Cheese. The content and opinions expressed below are all mine.
When strapped for time, quesadillas is my go-to quick recipe for our busy nights. Kid’s love ’em, but there’s only so many times I can serve quesadillas in a row until the kids start to complain (no matter how I “mix-them-up,” lol). To change things up a bit, I added this fun Cuban French Bread Pizza Recipe to our routine. Everybody loves a French bread pizza – the crunchy toasted french bread covered with yummy toppings and cheese. What’s not to love?
This Cuban French Bread Pizza is a delicious twist on the traditional Cuban sandwich but is still super quick to prepare on evenings when I don’t have much time to cook. It’s really easy to make too. It’s one of those easily assembled meals that’s perfect for little helpers to assist – just the french bread topped with mustard, ham, pork, pickles, and swiss cheese. This recipe is an excellent way to use up leftover pork, though I often use premade carnitas found in the deli section or frozen pulled pork. (Just look for the kind without BBQ sauce added.)
Our family loves cheese (and anything covered with cheese, lol) and I’m a bit picky about what cheese I bring home from the store. Flavor is always important too and depending on what I’m making, “melty-ness” is as well. Since I am a REAL CHEESE person, Sargento® Sliced cheese is my go-to for sliced cheese.
That’s why you’ll almost always find Sargento® Sliced Cheese in my fridge. I like knowing that everything, including the pre-sliced cheese, is 100% real cheese.
The Sargento® Swiss cheese melted beautifully on these little pizzas and oh-my-goodness, it just tasted sooo good! Sliced horizontally, these pizza strips are perfect for little fingers!
Now it’s your turn! What’s your favorite twist on a French bread pizza? Sound off in the comments below.
Don't miss any more posts! Follow along on Feedly, Bloglovin', your favorite feed reader, or signing up via email and have new posts delivered to your email box each week!
Cuban French Bread Pizza Recipe – It’s loaded with ham, shredded pork and Swiss cheese; and adds an awesomely delicious twist to your favorite French bread pizza.
- French bread (I used submarine rolls)
- Yellow mustard
- Shredded pork (prewarmed)
- Sliced ham
- Sliced pickles (patted dry)
- Sargento® sliced Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 400° f.
- Slice french bread in half and coat generously with mustard.
- Add a layer of sliced ham and top with the shredded pork.
- Top the pork with a few sliced pickles.
- Cover everything with the sliced cheese.
- Bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until cheese is hot and melty
Serve and enjoy!
- This is the type of dish you can make enough for one or 10. For my family of 4, we used about 10 oz of pulled pork, four huge slices of deli-counter ham and ten slices of cheese. (We like it extra cheesy!)
- I know the thought of adding the pickles before baking might seem strange to some, but it’s really yummy, trust me!