This Bacon Ranch Corn Dip recipe is perfect as a game day appetizer recipe! The combination of sweet corn, spicy jalapenos, and salty savory bacon makes a wonderful game day dip.
For the corn:
- 10 large ears of fresh white corn
- ¼–1/2 cup olive oil
- chili powder
- garlic powder
- onion powder
For the sauce:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup cotija cheese
- juice from 1 ½ limes (about 3 tablespoons)
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix
- 1 diced jalapeno
- handful finely chopped cilantro
- 3 large green onions
- 6 strips of freshly cooked bacon, chopped
- Shuck and rinse off each piece of corn.
- Drizzle each cobb with 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil and seasoning each with 1/4 teaspoon of each of the seasonings. Rub the oil and seasonings over the corn.
- Preheat grill on high heat. When grill is hot (about 600 degrees), reduce to medium high and place the corn on the grill. Rotate every 1-2 minutes until corn is charred on each side.
- Remove from grill and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- In a medium size bowl, mix together mayonnaise, cotija cheese, lime juice, ranch mix and seasonings. Stir in cilantro, green onions, jalapeno and bacon.
- Once the corn is cool, cut the corn off of each cob and add to the sauce. Mix together.
- Garnish with cilantro.
- Serve with tortilla chips or my favorite…by the spoon full.