This Homemade Banana Ice Cream Recipe is rich, creamy and oh-so delicious! The Ice cream is made with cream, sugar, eggs, a bit of flour and 2 very ripe bananas. So yes, it tastes just like banana pudding in ice cream form
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1.5 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 1 1/4 cup cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- optional add-ins:
- 1/2 cup toasted walnut pieces
- crumbled graham crackers
- In a mixing bowl, beat sugar into eggs until light and fluffy. Beat in flour. Set aside.
- Bring milk to a simmer over medium heat.
- Slowly beat the hot milk into eggs and sugar.
- Pour mixture back into pan and cook over low heat until mixture thickens, stirring constantly. Be careful to not let the mixture boil.
- Puree bananas with food processor (add a bit of the cream if necessary.)
- Mix the banana puree into custard. Add cream and vanilla. Cover and refrigerate till chilled.
- Process Ice cream in maker according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Add nuts or other add-ins, if desired at the end of the processing time.
- Serve immediately as soft serve or transfer to dish and freeze for an hour or two or until desired consistency is reached.
For best flavor, use very ripe bananas.
Keywords: ice cream, ice cream maker, banana